Behold some new reading! These are the Canadians I picked up from the library a few days ago. I haven’t had a library card for the Halifax system since I was a small child. They completely rebuilt the downtown branch into a five storey HEAVEN and I plan to spend plenty of time here. PS: That copy of Sue Goyette’s outskirts I picked up at the Box of Delights Bookshop in Wolfville in early June but it’s still part of the TBR pile.
And some more! These are some Americans I’ve been desperate to get my hands on. I have a stack of six more on the café table with me:
- George Elliott Clarke’s Gold
- Lee Maracle’s Talking to the Diaspora
- Fatimah Asghar’s If They Come For Us (which I’ve been dying to read for a whole damned year)
- Justin Phillip Reed’s Indecency
- Jenny Xie’s Eye Level, and
- Layli Long Soldier’s Whereas